The Disabilities News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published related to services, programs, funding opportunities and other information that affect people with disabilities and their families.
- 02/19/2015 - Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities Releases New Call for Investment
The Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities recently released a new Call for Investment (CFI), "Life Like Any Other". This initiative is intended as a vehicle for innovation and change at a local, regional, and state level. The expectation is that projects submitted will improve programs, systems, and other community-based means to enrich and support lives of people with intellectual/developmental disabilities so they are able to access and be a part of all aspects of community life.
- 05/20/2014 - Illinois Honors Achievements in Hiring and Promotion of People with Disabilities
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois – The state of Illinois today honored the achievements of those who have done an outstanding job of providing equal opportunity and access to people with disabilities, including the Illinois Tollway and a number of other state agencies that have participated in the Successful Disability Opportunities program. The awards were presented by Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR) Director Rocco J. Claps and Illinois Department of Human Services Secretary (IDHS) Michelle R.B. Saddler at a ceremony of the state’s Interagency Committee on Employees with Disabilities (ICED).
- 11/06/2013 - Governor Pat Quinn Receives Award for Leadership in Helping Illinois Residents with Disabilities
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Pat Quinn today was presented with the Outstanding Advocate Award from the Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities (ICDD) for his work to offer people with intellectual and developmental disabilities the opportunity to live in their community of choice. Since taking office, Governor Quinn has worked tirelessly for people with developmental disabilities by investing in community care and signing legislation that breaks down barriers to increase opportunities for employment. This legislation was first introduced by the Governor in his 2013 State of the State Address.
- 01/22/2013 - Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities Announces New Funding Opportunity
- 11/15/2012 - Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities Announces New Funding Opportunity Focusing on Post-Secondary Education
- 06/12/2012 - Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities Releases New Report
- 04/26/2012 - Governor Quinn Honored for Work to Improve Life for People with Developmental Disabilities in Illinois
- 04/25/2012 - ICED Honors Legislator, State Employee, Non-Profit, and Media for Hiring and Promoting the Independence of People with Disabilities