The Business News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about business-related issues and news, ranging from announcements about new businesses and the creation of jobs, to business incentives and grant awards.
- 08/08/2016 - State Business Enterprise Program Launches New Paperless Certification Program
CHICAGO – Acting Director Michael M. Hoffman of the Illinois Department of Central Management Services (CMS) and the State of Illinois’ Business Enterprise Program (BEP) are proud to announce the launch of a new, web-based certification management system. This new paperless system is accessible to all minority, female, persons with disabilities, and veteran-owned businesses seeking certification with the State of Illinois. This transition away from paper-based certification will provide a faster and more efficient service when conducting business with the State of Illinois.
- 12/15/2015 - State Reminds Businesses to Use Only Licensed Day and Temporary Labor Agencies
CHICAGO, IL — The Illinois Department of Labor (IDOL) is reminding businesses to verify that a day and temporary labor staffing agency is registered with the Department before contracting with the agency for staffing needs. The Day and Temporary Labor Service Act, which is enforced by IDOL, requires staffing agencies to register annually with the Department.
- 05/27/2015 - State Announces Business Resource Event Coming to Aurora
AURORA, IL – The administration of Governor Bruce Rauner announced it will host a resource and networking event in Aurora geared toward promoting the economic growth of small and diverse businesses at the Aurora Campus of Waubonsee Community College on Friday, June 5, 2015. The goal is to increase the number of state certified vendors by providing small and diverse entrepreneurs with the knowledge and resources used to participate in the state’s procurement and contracting processes.
- 09/17/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Aluminum Company Will Locate in Southern Illinois
- 09/02/2014 - State to Host Business Workshop in Metro East to Boost Illinois Business Opportunities
- 08/05/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Valence Health to Expand in Illinois
- 07/30/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Historic Workers’ Compensation Rate Reductions
- 05/07/2014 - Governor Quinn Addresses Annual Meeting of Illinois Business Leaders