The Budget/Fiscal News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about the State Budget and Fiscal Management, as well as information about proposed funding and fiscal responsibility.
- 07/14/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces State's Backlog of Bills Falls to $3.9 Billion
CHICAGO – Governor Quinn today announced that the state's backlog of bills has fallen from a high of $9.9 billion in 2010 down to $3.9 billion as of June 30, the lowest point since the Governor took office. Five years ago, Illinois was home to the worst pension crisis in America and the state’s backlog of bills was on its way to more than $9 billion. Since taking office, Governor Quinn has made tough decisions, enacted major structural reforms and cut state spending by more than $5.7 billion.
- 06/30/2014 - Governor Quinn Cuts State Budget
CHICAGO – Governor Quinn today cut Illinois’ Fiscal Year 2015 state budget, zeroing out $250 million for renovations of the state Capitol. In addition, as part of his ongoing budget review, the Governor directed state agencies to identify additional efficiencies, including selling nearly half of the state’s aircraft.
- 06/24/2014 - Governor Quinn Cuts Employee Parking Spots by 30 Percent
CHICAGO – As part of his ongoing budget review, Governor Pat Quinn today directed state agencies to cut 80 paid parking spaces for state employees in downtown garages – more than 30 percent of the total spots reserved. The move will save taxpayers more than $100,000 annually and follows yesterday’s announcement that the state will save taxpayers an additional $55 million this year in reduced lease costs for state buildings. The cuts are part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to make state government efficient and accountable to taxpayers.
- 06/23/2014 - Governor Quinn Cuts Property Leases to Achieve Additional $55 Million in Savings
- 06/03/2014 - Governor Quinn Continues Push to Properly Fund Education in Illinois
- 05/30/2014 - Governor Quinn Statement on Fiscal Year 2015 Budget
- 05/24/2014 - Governor Quinn Fights for Responsible Budget that Properly Funds Schools
- 04/30/2014 - Governor Quinn Leads Push to Double MAP Scholarships for Students in Need