The Agriculture News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about agriculture-related news and events, with issues ranging from farming and agribusiness, to the State and County fairs.
- 05/16/2013 - Chicago Trade Show Represents World Of Opportunity For Illinois Food Companies
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – The Illinois Department of Agriculture will have a bigger presence at the world’s largest food service industry trade show, giving more Illinois food companies an opportunity to meet thousands of international buyers and grow their export business.
- 05/15/2013 - Project Get Fit! Coming To The Illinois Products Farmers' Market
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – Children have added incentive this summer to participate in recreational programs at either of the Springfield YMCA’s two branches.
Through an initiative called “Project Get Fit!,” youngsters ages five to 18 can earn “Healthy Bucks” for completing various Y activities and use the “cash” to buy fresh produce at the Illinois Products Farmers’ Market on the State Fairgrounds.
- 05/07/2013 - Illinois Products Farmers' Market Opens For Sixth Season On The State Fairgrounds
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – Greens, onions, peas, rhubarb, baked goods, pasta, wine and craft beer are just a few of the items that will be available this week when the Illinois Products Farmers’ Market opens for its sixth season on the State Fairgrounds.
- 04/24/2013 - Grandstand Concert Tickets To Go On Sale Saturday
- 04/16/2013 - Nominating Petitions Available For Illinois Commodity Board Seats
- 04/05/2013 - Governor Quinn Works to Increase Illinois Agricultural Exports During Trade Mission to Mexico
- 03/22/2013 - Award-Winning Singer And Songwriter John Mayer To Entertain At Illinois State Fair
- 03/13/2013 - Open Houses Scheduled To Explain 2013 Gypsy Moth Treatment Program