The Agriculture News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about agriculture-related news and events, with issues ranging from farming and agribusiness, to the State and County fairs.
- 06/10/2015 - Classic Rock Returns To The Grandstand
DuQuoin, IL – State Fair Manager Patrick Buchen announced today three more acts are slated to perform at the DuQuoin State Fair Grandstand stage.
On Friday, September 4, classic rock returns to the Grandstand as Night Ranger takes the stage. Selling more than 17 million albums worldwide, Night Ranger transcended the sounds and styles of the 1980’s. Best known for hits such as, “Sister Christian,” “When You Close Your Eyes,” and “(You Can Still) Rock in America,” Night Ranger continues to perform for sold-out crowds around the world. Illinois’ very own Head East will return home to southern Illinois to kick off this night of rock.
- 06/05/2015 - Illinois Animal Health Officials Limit Exhibitions To Illinois Birds Only
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. –Illinois Department of Agriculture (IDOA) animal health officials announced today that out-of-state birds will not be allowed to compete in Illinois exhibitions until further notice due to the Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) outbreak affecting several states. This restriction includes county fairs, FFA and 4-H fairs, Illinois State Fair, and the DuQuoin State Fair. To date, avian influenza has not been detected in Illinois.
- 05/15/2015 - Josh Thompson To Perform At DuQuoin State Fair
DuQuoin, IL – State Fair Manager, Patrick Buchen announced today the finalization of the first grandstand performance for the upcoming 2015 DuQuoin State Fair.
- 05/12/2015 - Growers And Apiaries Encouraged To Register In Driftwatch™ Program To Protect Crops
- 05/08/2015 - Du Quoin State Fair Announces Two Headliners For 2015 Fair
- 05/06/2015 - Growing Illinois Announced As The Theme For The 2015 Illinois State Fair
- 05/06/2015 - Party Before The Party
- 05/04/2015 - DIRECTOR PHILIP NELSON ANNOUNCES NEW STATE FAIR MANAGER