The Agriculture News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about agriculture-related news and events, with issues ranging from farming and agribusiness, to the State and County fairs.
- 03/26/2015 - Nominating Petitions Available For Illinois Commodity Board Seats
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – Farmers who would like to run for a three-year term on the Illinois Corn Marketing Board, Illinois Soybean Program Operating Board or Illinois Sheep and Wool Marketing Board now can start circulating nominating petitions.
Petitions are available at county Extension offices and the Illinois Department of Agriculture. The deadline to complete and return them is May 15 for corn and soybean board candidates, and May 29 for sheep and wool board candidates.
- 03/20/2015 - Brantley Gilbert, Rascal Flatts, Sammy Hagar Among Top Performers At 2015 Illinois State Fair
SPRINGFIELD – The grandstand lineup at the 2015 Illinois State Fair is beginning to take shape. Illinois State Fair management is pleased to announce Sammy Hagar and The Circle will take the stage opening night, August 14.
Hagar has been rocking the music industry for nearly 40 years. In addition to a successful solo career, Hagar is well known as the former lead signer of Van Halen and Montrose. Hagar has produced hits such as “I Can’t Drive 55,” “There’s Only One Way to Rock,” “Your Love is Driving Me Crazy,” and “Three Lock Box.” Joining Hagar as he takes the stage will be fellow musicians Michael Anthony, Vic Johnson and Jason Bonham. The trio call themselves “The Circle.”
- 03/19/2015 - Philip Nelson Confirmed as Director of Illinois Department of Agriculture
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – The Illinois Senate voted today to confirm Philip Nelson as the Director of the Illinois Department of Agriculture. The fourth-generation grain and livestock farmer was appointed by Governor Bruce Rauner on January 16, 2015.
- 03/19/2015 - COOK COUNTY FOOD COMPANY RECALLS MEAT PRODUCTS DUE TO POSSIBLE CONTAMINATION
- 03/18/2015 - Illinois Celebrates National Ag Day
- 11/25/2014 - State Seeks Public Input on Strategy to Reduce Phosphorous and Nitrogen Pollution in Mississippi River Basin
- 09/04/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Federal Disaster Declaration for Six Eastern Illinois Counties
- 08/08/2014 - Governor Quinn Kicks-Off 2014 Illinois State Fair