The Recovery News page provides access to the Illinois Government News Network and all recovery-related press releases.
- 09/13/2011 - IHDA Develops Affordable Homes in Central Illinois
NORMAL, IL – Life is more affordable for Anna Jean and Donald Winn thanks to the new Cottage Apartments development in Normal. The couple loves their new apartment, which offers affordable rents and allows them to save money on gas because it is close to their church, grocery store and favorite produce market.
- 06/27/2011 - New Development Welcomes Home Warren County Families Living on Limited Budget
MONMOUTH – A retiree raising her disabled grandson, Janice Painter has found something she never thought possible: a new two-bedroom rental home she can afford on her limited income.
“Moving into a new home that I can decorate my way,” said Painter. “Our new home is close to medical care yet far enough away to enjoy the peace of living on the outskirts of town.”
- 06/24/2011 - Kankakee County Families Realizing Dreams at New Affordable Housing Development
PEMBROKE TOWNSHIP – A mother raising two sons and working toward a nursing degree, 34-year-old Nicole Brewer has found stability and security in a new single-family home that she can afford to rent on her part-time salary.
“It’s great to live in a brand new home so close to where I work,” said Brewer, who works at a Pembroke Township health clinic. “I dreamed of living in a brand new home that I could one day own.”
- 06/16/2011 - State Economic Director Announces $48 Million in Federal Funding for Public Infrastructure Improvements
- 06/09/2011 - Affordable Apartments for Will County Seniors Open
- 05/09/2011 - Governor Quinn, Senators Durbin, Kirk Announce $268 Million For High Speed Rail Cars In Illinois
- 05/04/2011 - Governor Quinn, Senators Durbin, Kirk Announce $186 Million for Chicago to St. Louis High Speed Rail
- 04/02/2011 - Stimulus program brings Internet to senior citizens