Office of the Lieutenant Governor
Internship Position Description
Position Summary: The Lieutenant Governor’s Internship Program offers the opportunity for college students to gain experience in public service. This program is designed to provide hands on experience in the areas of policy, communications, outreach, and operations.
This internship is a great opportunity to see how state government operates and works. Interns will be exposed to multiple aspects of the office and will be expected to compile and present a portfolio of work completed throughout the internship. Interns will be responsible for drafting documents, contacting constituents, assisting with meetings and briefings, tracking legislation, preparing correspondence, answering phones, and any other office duties that may arise.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must be organized
- Must be a creative thinker
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Excel
To be considered for an internship, your application must include:
- Internship Application
- Current Résumé
- Academic or professional writing sample of 500 words or less
Summer 2016 Deadline: April 15, 2016