Main & Front Streets, Elizabethtown
This site is an operational Bed & Breakfast.
Please visit www.historicrosehotel.com for more information.
(The link above will navigate away from IHPA)
The original portion of the building known today as the Rose Hotel is believed to have been constructed by James McFarland (1776-1837) and operated as a tavern and later an inn serving Ohio River travelers. The Rose Hotel was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
The Rose Hotel is a two-story “L”-shaped brick structure. Portions were constructed ca. 1830, ca. 1848, and following the Civil War. A striking veranda overlooking the Ohio River was added around 1866. The building has been “restored” and is used today as a bed-and-breakfast facility. A frame gazebo built in 1882 is located on the front lawn overlooking the river.