The job of the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency is to protect the state’s historic resources and promote them so that the public enjoys them and learns from them.
- Learn more about the agency’s mission, historic sites, budget and contact options in the Agency Overview section.
- Details and contact information about the Board of Trustees, agency director and senior staff are available in Trustees and Staff
- For the latest news about the agency’s programs and services visit the News section.
- Many basic questions about the agency – from the address to how a building gets on the National Register of Historic Places – are answered in Frequently Asked Questions.
- A list of the IHPA’s museums, online collections and supportive organizations can be found in Resources.