The agency’s Board of Trustees is appointed by the governor, with advice and consent from the Illinois Senate.
Currently, the trustees are:
Sunny Fischer, Chair
Fischer was executive director of The Richard Driehaus Foundation from 1992 through 2013. The Driehaus Foundation makes grants primarily to organizations working in Chicago to enhance the urban environment and to the arts. The Foundation also supports efforts to help working families become more economically and socially secure.
Daniel J. Arnold
Arnold founded Road Ranger LLC at 26 and later sold it to Phillips Petroleum Co. In 1997 he restarted the Road Ranger chain, expanding it to more than 90 retail outlets. Arnold is also active in the local community and a global philanthropist.
Julia S. Bachrach
Bachrach has written extensively on historic landscapes in Chicago. Her work includes “The City in a Garden: A Photographic History of Chicago's Parks.” She has served as historian and preservationist for the Chicago Park District for more than 20 years.
D. Jeanie Cooke
Cooke works for the Danville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and manages the Danville Dans, a collegiate summer baseball team. The Danville Dans’ home field is located at Danville Stadium, which is a historic stadium and was used during the filming of “Babe”.
Melinda Spitzer Johnston
Johnston held many positions at the Chicago History Museum from 1999 until 2006, when she became Harvard Law School Library's Curator of Digital and Visual Resources in 2006. From 2009-2010, she served as the Library’s Digital Projects Consultant. Johnston has extensive experience in selecting, cataloging, and interpreting artifacts.
Gary L. Hammons
Hammons was a gas engineer for Ameren Illinois in Decatur until his recent retirement. He serves on the Oak Ridge Cemetery Board of Managers and was a member of the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library Advisory Board. He received his Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering from Florida A&M University. Rev. Hammons is also a member of the historical committee for Springfield's Union Baptist Church.
Ted Flickinger, PhD
Flickinger served as CEO/President of the Illinois Association of Park Districts for 30 years. Mr. Flickinger, who holds a PhD in natural resources management, sits on the Springfield Park District Board and taught at Ohio State University.
In addition to setting the general direction and policies, the trustees choose the agency director.
The director is Amy Martin, who assumed her duties on May 16, 2012. Martin had previously been assistant deputy director for regional outreach at the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. She served as state coordinator of the Illinois Main Street Program where she worked closely with IHPA staff to revitalize historic downtowns. She was also managing director of marketing and communications at DCEO.
Director Martin can be reached by email at Amy.Martin@illinois.gov and by telephone at 217-785-7930.
Other IHPA personnel include:
- Alyson Grady, manager of historic sites (email@example.com, 217-558-8950)
- Rachel Leibowitz, manager of preservation services (firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-785-5031)
- Garth Madison, chief counsel (email@example.com, 217-785-1511)
- Dawn DeFraties, human resources director (firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-785-7948)
- Kristy Bond, marketing director (Kristy.email@example.com, 217-558-8932)
- Sara Meek, legislative liaison, (firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-558-8942)
- Christopher Wills, communications director (email@example.com, 217-558-8970)
- Eddy Fisher, chief fiscal officer, (firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-785-4513)
- Michael Norris, facilities manager, (email@example.com, 217-785-9383)
- Jeramy Tedrow, chief information officer, (firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-557-6897)
- Eileen Mackevich, Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum director, (email@example.com, 217-558-8879)