Rides are super exciting, but you should know about ways to stay safe while having fun!
Here are some helpful tips from the Illinois Department of Labor:
- Watch the ride - before you ride!
- Read all safety signs that show "age, height and weight requirements" - these are important!
- Dress safely - wear closed-toed shoes, tie up long hair and put away loose clothes, jewelry and cellphones!
- Always use belts, lap bars, shoulder harnesses and other safety equipment and make sure it's properly latched.Listen to the ride assistant's instructions. Tell a grown-up if a ride assistant is talking or behaving in a bad way.Never wriggle out of belts, lap bars or other safety gear!
- Keep your head, hands, arms, legs and feet inside the ride at all times - don't reach for fences or barriers!
- Never stand up or goof around with others while on a ride - you or your friends can get hurt!
- Stay in your seat until you are told to exit. If the ride stops suddenly, don't stand up or try to get off the ride!
- Have fun!