Inmates may receive money via JPAY, Western Union or money order. (A money order must be sent directly to the lockbox, NOT to the facility; see information below regarding money orders.)
Funds up to $5,000 may be sent to inmates via the following methods.
- Global Tel*Link at www.gtl.net/ilstate
- Beginning April 1, 2015, at pilot sites only - Big Muddy River CC, Decatur CC, Menard CC, Shawnee CC, Vandalia CC, Vienna CC
- Beginning August 3, 2015, all IDOC correctional centers.
- JPAY at www.jpay.com
- Money Gram locations using the Blue Money Gram Express Payment Form - receiving code is 7364
- Western Union at www.westernunion.com or at locations using the Quick Collect Form – code city and state are ILDOC IL
For all electronic transfer of funds, the inmate IDOC number and incarcerated last name must be used. Funds sent via GTL, JPAY and Western Union are anticipated to be applied to the inmate's account within 24-48 business hours. Funds sent via Money Gram are anticipated to be applied to the inmate's account within 72 to 96 business hours. Funds sent during an inmate transfer between facilities may take longer than 24 – 96 business hours.
Inmates may receive money orders not to exceed $999.99. The money orders must be sent with the lockbox deposit slip and must be complete with the inmate name, IDOC inmate number, sender’s name and address. Deposit slips can be obtained at each facility and from the following link: https://www.jpay.com/moneyorder.aspx. The money orders should be made payable to JPay and sent with the deposit slip to: PO Box 260250 Hollywood, FL 33026.