The CIO will manage the agency’s IT systems, applications and functions, create and deliver strategies and policies and will place great emphasis on the customers internal to the agency so that they may serve the children and families of Illinois. The CIO will use the power of modern technologies, online design and big data to digitalize DCFS in conjunction with the IT Transformation for the State of Illinois.
- Business acumen and strategic perspectives
- Computer science, software engineering or information systems
- Project management
- Agile and lean software development practices
- Transitioning an organization from legacy systems
- IT Governance.
In conjunction with the State CIO’s office, 10 technology priorities for DCFS include, but are not limited to:
- Analytics and agency’s/business intelligence
- Mobile technologies
- Cloud storage and computing
- Collaboration technologies
- Legacy modernization
- IT management
- Customer relationship management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
Monthly salary range: $4,295.00 - $12,128.00
Email resume to: DCFS.Employment@illinois.gov
Click here to see some of the frequently-filled job titles at DCFS. You may also click here for a list of current key vacancies by county.
For current available vacancies with the State of Illinois, please visit www.work.illinois.gov