The Department is no longer accepting applications for the FY 2015 Solar and Wind Rebate Program. The anticipated opening of the FY 2016 program is late this Summer.
The focus of the Solar and Wind Energy Rebate Program, through the State's Renewable Energy Resources Program, is to encourage utilization of smaller-scale distributed solar and wind energy systems in Illinois.
Eligible applicants include homeowners, businesses, public sector and non-profit entities who are customers of an electric or gas utility that impose the Renewable Energy Resources and Coal Technology Development Assistance Charge (see list available in application).
FY 2015 Program Highlights
- Maximum rebate for all solar and wind energy projects is $10,000.00 for homeowners, $20,000 for businesses, and $30,000 for public sector and non-profit entities.
- Solar Photovoltaic projects will be capped as follows:
- For residential applications: $1.50/watt or 25% of project costs
- For commercial applications: $1.25/watt or 25% of project costs
- For not-for-profits and public applications: $2.50/watt or 40% of project costs
- Solar Thermal projects will be capped at 30% of project costs for residential and commercial applications and 40% for public sector and non-profit entities
- Wind Energy projects will be capped as follows:
- Residential and commercial applications: $1.75/watt or 30% of project costs for turbines certified by the Small Wind Certification Council (SWCC) or the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) - list of SWCC certified turbines available at http://www.smallwindcertification.org/ and a list of AWEA certified turbines are available at http://www.intertek.com/wind/awea-standard/.
- Not-for-profits and public applications: $2.60/watt or 40% of project costs for turbines certified by the SWCC or AWEA
- Wind energy systems that are not SWCC or AWEA certified will be eligible for a rebate of $1.00/watt
- All solar PV and wind energy systems must be installed by a distributed generation installer that is certified by the Illinois Commerce Commission. A list of certified installers can be found at http://www.icc.illinois.gov/utility/Certified.aspx?type=24.
Solar and Wind Rebate Program contact: