Located in the nonregulatory agency, this program provides free confidential information and services to help small businesses understand their environmental obligations. Call 800-252-3998 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services and information available include:
- Toll-free helpline to answer environmental questions: 800-252-3998
- Free quarterly newsletter, Clean Air Clips, to provide timely alerts about rule changes, reporting deadlines, and other articles of interest
- Directory of environmental consultants
- Easy-to-read fact sheets and guides
- Industry-specific compliance assistance workshops
- On-site consultation
- Permit applications on the Web site
Compliance Advisory Panel (CAP)
The Illinois Compliance Advisory Panel is a federally mandated advisory group under the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990. In recognition that small businesses do not have the staff nor resources of larger companies, Congress mandated that each state provide a regulatory compliance assistance program for small businesses consisting of three components: a technical assistance program, an ombudsman and a compliance advisory panel.
CAP Appointed Members
The next scheduled meeting for the Small Business Environmental Assistance CAP is January 24 2013 via video conference in Springfield and Chicago.
CAP Meeting Agendas and Minutes