|Beginning October 1, 2015
||Seniors, People with Disabilities|
|Beginning November 2, 2015
||Households with children under the age of 6 years and disconnected households|
|Beginning December 1, 2015
||All other eligible households|
Contact your local Community Action Agency to make an appointment to apply for LIHEAP. You can use the "Where to Apply" link to the right to locate the appropriate Community Action Agency for your county.
If your household’s combined income for the 30 days prior to application is at or below 150% of the federal poverty level as shown in the chart below, you may be eligible to receive assistance. If you rent, and your heat and/or electric is included in the rent, your rent must be greater than 30% of your income in order to be eligible to receive assistance.
||30 Day Income
Bring all appropriate documentation:
Do not forget to bring all required documentation at that time including:
- Proof of gross income from all household members for the 30-day period beginning with the date of application.
- A copy of current heat and electric bills issued within the last 30 days (if energy directly paid for).
- A copy of rental agreement (if renting) showing that utilities are included, the monthly rental amount and landlord contact information.
- Proof of Social Security numbers for all household members.
- Proof that household received TANF or other benefits, such as Medical Eligibility or SNAP, if receiving assistance from the Illinois Department of Human Services.
Percentage of Income Payment Plan
Due to the suspension of the State LIHEAP fund, PIPP is not available at this time.