State Equal Opportunity Officer
Information and resources relevant to the Equal Opportunity provisions under the Workforce Investment Act are found under this link.
Equal Opportunity Is The Law
It is against the law for the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity’s Office of Employment & Training, any of its grantees, or any other recipient of Federal financial assistance under the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 to discriminate on the following bases:
- Against any individual in the United States, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief; and
- Against any beneficiary of programs financially assisted under Title I of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA), on the basis of the beneficiary’s citizenship/status as a lawfully admitted immigrant authorized to work in the United States, or his or her participation in any WIA Title I-financially assisted program or activity.
The recipient must not discriminate in any of the following areas:
- Deciding who will be admitted, or have access, to any WIA Title I-financially assisted program or activity;
- Providing opportunities in, or treating any person with regard to, such a program or activity; or
- Making employment decisions in the administration of, or in connection with, such a program or activity.
What to Do If You Believe You Have Experienced Discrimination
If you think that you have been subjected to discrimination under a WIA financially assisted program or activity, you may file a complaint within 180 days from the date of the alleged violation with:
Director of the Civil Rights Center (CRC)
U.S. Department of Labor
200 Constitution Avenue NW, Room N-4123
Washington, DC 20210
Limited English Proficiency
LEP.gov is created by the Federal Interagency Working Group on Limited English Proficiency.
Language Assistance Self-Assessment and Planning Tool for Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance
Equal Opportunity Information
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Legal Update from Government Officials
Illinois Code - 3 slides per page
2010 ADA Standards Handout 2 Slides per Page
2010 Ada Standards Handout 3 Slides per Page
2010 Standards and Regulations
Great Lakes ADA Center Brochure
Guidance Document 2010 ADA Standards