We are responsible for identifying and addressing barriers facing parents, professionals and providers when trying to get needed services and programs for individuals, through the age of 21, with a behavior disorder or a severe emotional disturbance and their family.
What We Do
- Technical Assistance: The staff provide technical assistance to families, service providers, educators and other professionals to help plan for and implement appropriate, effective services for children with severely emotional disturbances and behavior disorders (SED/BD), in Illinois.
- Dispute Resolution: The staff and the board help in resolving service disputes that arise between agencies and parents when there is no clear statutory responsibility among state agencies for an appropriate plan of services for a child, and
- Service Plan (PDF, 4.9 MB): The staff and the board plan for a more effective statewide system for children in Illinois.
When You Call
Staff will provide callers with services which include, but are not limited to:
- How the state and local service system works
- How to find help / support / assistance
- Understanding Eligibility Criteria for Services
- Accessing Systems of Care
- Accurate Information
- Advocacy Assistance
- Technical Assistance
- Evaluation / Assessment
- Direct Services
Call Us Toll Free
If you have any questions or need help Call us Toll Free.
We are a state supported service so there is no charge for our services!
Your opinions and your right to confidentiality will be respected!