VBP assist businesses owned by qualified service disable and veteran-owned business gain access to State of Illinois contracting opportunities and participation in the competitive procurement process.
- At least 51 percent owned by one or more qualified service disabled veteran or veterans
living in Illinois (Public Act 097-0260)
- Applicant(s) must have valid DD214
- Annual gross sales of less than $75 million
- Home office in Illinois
How can I apply?
- Full Certification Application
Recognition Certification Application
- Approved certification is valid for 5 years with an annual No Change Affidavit (NCA) process
VBP accepts certification from any of the following agencies for the Veterans Recognition
- Cook County (Veteran/Services-Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise)
- United States Department of Veteran Affairs-Center for Verification and
Evaluations (CVE) VOSB/SDVOSB
- Recgonition certification is valid for 1 year
Eligible businesses may be certified in one or more of the following programs: Business Enterprise Program, Veteran Business Program, and Small Business Set-Aside Program.
Veterans Business Program Act:
How can I receive information on Illinois Procurement Opportunities?
Although registration with the Procurement Bulletin is not necessary to browse the site,
registration is required to download solicitation and to receive e-mail notifications for all
solicitations, addendums, and award notices.
State of Illinois
Department of Central Management Services
Veteran Business Program (VBP)
100 W. Randolph, Suite 4-100
Chicago, IL 60601
Call a VBP representative at 1-312-814-4190 or 1-800-356-9206 or e-mail us at BEP.CMS@illinois.gov