Providing wireless connectivity to both the public telephone network and Internet, BCCS wireless voice and data services are tools that can be used while working outside the office or traveling frequently. These services can also provide backup for regular land-based telephone services in emergency situations.
Wireless services enable rapid and immediate access to agency staff. Mobile access to the Internet and email allows for on the go research and written response to inquiries almost immediately for increased productivity outside the office. Business continuity and enhanced staff safety are also benefits offered through wireless services. Customers can take advantage of attractive service rate plans made possible by economies of scale to best fit their respective business needs. Multiple vendors are currently providing service in contracted coverage areas in Illinois. BCCS telecommunications services are available to all state agencies, boards, commissions, universities, offices of the Illinois House and Senate, and Constitutional Officers.
- Voice Services (Cellular Phones)
- Voice & Data Services (Smart Phones/Blackberry)
- Air Cards
Equipment models, calling, and data plans change and vary by vendor.
- Routine review of wireless user's travel activities and calling patterns to consider alternate plans, if lower in cost
- Eliminate assignment of multiple devices to individuals
- Perform a routine review of billing for errors, underutilized service, special features and equipment
- Perform an annual reconciliation to ensure accurate assignment
When reporting trouble provide the following:
- What is the mobile number?
- What are the problems with the device or service?
- Who is the device assigned to?
- Who is the contact person and their telephone number?
Note: Call from separate phone and have the device in hand for trouble shooting.