BCCS provides midrange hosting services to the many State agencies of Illinois. This service includes a variety of underlying support services such as midrange application server and development environments, systems integration, the underlying network and communications infrastructure, systems management, security, backup and recovery.
Our midrange hosting environment utilizes a variety of technologies tailored to meet the needs of our customers and can support everything from single database systems utilizing traditional thick client interfaces to complex midrange database systems accessed via a web browser and involving automated business-to-business data transfers.
Every application hosted on the midrange environment by BCCS includes these services:
- Network Services (LAN/WAN)
- System Administration
- CMS Service Desk
- Application Recovery options
In addition, professional PC workstations are available for purchase that can support the work of customer application developers.
There are four basic areas common to every application hosted on the midrange environment with standard methods and software available to BCCS customers. The basic components of applications hosted on the midrange environment include:
- Application Input can be accomplished by direct keyboard input, file transfer, imaging or on-line forms processing.
- Application Output includes the various methods utilized to print, report, and transfer processed data for practical use.
- Processing represents the internal operations and platforms allowing for the collection, organization, calculations and resulting output from the application.
- Backup, Storage and Recovery is essential to the protection and recovery of data captured as well as the ability to recover from system failure.