The Central Time and Attendance System (CTAS) is a common employee timekeeping processing and management benefit system. It is on-line and applies comprehensive means to process, record, and track a variety of time-related benefits for employees. CTAS maintains historical records of employee time data and can generate audit trails pertaining to adjustments when requested. The service is available for consolidated and non-consolidated Illinois State agencies and is administered by the Enterprise Business Application Systems (EBAS) Team.
By offering a common application such as CTAS to its customers, BCCS is able to reduce the costs associated with individual duplication of employee benefit-time processing among its various customers. CTAS' customers also benefit from enhanced flexibility and report processing.
|Per Active Coded Position
|Work Comp System
||$ 1. 04|
* For more information on BCCS Service Rates please contact Ted.Hasara@illinois.gov
- CTAS performs all calculations for overtime.
- CTAS calculates accumulated benefits for each employee based on continuous service dates.
- CTAS computes accumulated leave and compensatory time.
- CTAS monitors the maximum vacation carryover and reports the amount on employee monthly time reports.
Customers who are using CTAS are eligible to participate in the benefits offered through the eTime application at no extra cost beyond the CTAS rate. eTime is a secure web-based, real-time system that provides instantaneous access to a variety of employee time records and is continuously updated.
- Each employee has their own respective login ID and password to ensure that employee time records are securely controlled and confidential.
- eTime provides an instant summary of employee benefit time.
- Enhanced flexibility requesting leave time.
- Cancel and modify previously-entered leave requests by means of a simplified edit process.
- Readily check on the history of leave requests including leave dates, nature of leave used and actual hours that leave started and ended.
- Review the accuracy of the time as accounted for in the Daily Time Report on a weekly basis before submitting respective time records.
- A Team Calendar allows employees/supervisors to view the leave times of fellow employees within their own defined team or group for planning purposes.
You can help manage the use of CTAS by adopting the following practices:
- Ensure CTAS use is business related.
- Ensure users log out when not needing to be on-line with CTAS.
- Do not share protected information without requisite approvals.