The Central Inventory System (CIS) is a common inventory management and monitoring system. It includes the initial identification tagging of Illinois' State equipment, furniture, and vehicles as well as the continuous monitoring of their status and locations. It is on-line and features a menu for selection needs. It is offered for use by a variety of both consolidated and non-consolidated Illinois State agencies, boards, and commissions and is administered by the Enterprise Business Application Systems (EBAS) Team.
CIS averages 40,000 transactions per month. By offering a common application such as CIS to its 20+ customers, BCCS is able to reduce the costs associated with individual duplication of inventory system operations among its various customers.
Procurement System (IGPS)
|Per Record on Inventory
What is Included?
- CIS creates property control records for equipment, furniture and vehicles.
- CIS updates and tracks inventory items within agency-defined locations.
- CIS assigns specific items to individuals.
- CIS produces inventory management reports by location within an agency.
- CIS calculates depreciation on capitalized items.
- For specific questions pertaining to non-standard requests, please contact the Customer Service Center as provided in“Need More Information?” below.
What Should You Expect?
- Service support hours are Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM.
- Service Desk support and assistance.
- Ability to control inventory items among changing locations or through delivery to surplus.
- CIS is compliant with Government Accounting Board Standard #34.
- Customers can apply the calculated depreciation to determine asset values.
- BCCS will provide highly-reliable application connectivity as well as application response time.
- CIS is available Monday through Thursday, 7 AM - 7 PM and on Friday and Saturday, 7 AM - 5 PM.
- Tracking of service costs and invoicing.
- Continuous service improvements.
How Can You Help?
You can help manage the use of CIS by adopting the following practices:
- Ensure CIS use is business related.
- Ensure users log out when not needing to be on-line with CIS.
- Do not share copyrighted or protected information without requisite approvals.