Events at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum must be social, cultural, recreational, corporate, educational or personal in nature. Please note that such activities may not interfere with the normal public operation of the ALPLM and are subject to the facility's policies and procedures.
Our policies reflect our unique facility and pertain to types of rental events, decorations, catering, event promotion and set-up, etc. The ALPLM cannot be used for promotional events, commercial events, rallies or political events.
Please click on the link below to view full ALPLM rental policies.
ALPLM Facilities Rental Policies
Event Planning Tips
THANK YOU for considering the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum for your meeting or event! Here are some helpful tips in planning an event at the ALPLM:
- Send a request in writing (emails and faxes accepted) to the Facilities Rental Manager on your organization's letterhead to request use of a location within the ALPLM.
- Please include a description of your organization and its mission, the nature of the event, preferred date and hours of the event, requested location, catering requests, set-up requirements, audio-visual needs, speakers, performers, films or programs that may be a part of your event requests for reservations are accepted up to one year before the event date.
- Please designate one person from your organization to be your ALPLM contact and decision-maker.
- Return the signed Facilities Rental Agreement and the non-refundable deposit within 10 business days of the verbal reservation to confirm a reservation.
- If possible, schedule a visit to the ALPLM to see the facility and discuss details of your event.
- Secret Recipes is the designated caterer at the ALPLM. Please let the Facilities Rental Office know if we can provide you with sample menus or view sample menus on the Catering page.
- At least six weeks prior to the event, submit invitation/printed material copy to the Facilities Rental Office for approval PRIOR to printing and mailing.
- Remember that significant changes may not be made to your event less than 30 days before the event.
- 30 days before the event, please confirm additional features such as parking, Museum Store and Cabinet Room Performance.
- Also 30 days before, submit the appropriate certificate of insurance to the Facilities Rental Office.
- Three weeks before the event date, confirm entertainment or other outside vendors for your meeting/event.
- Please pay remaining rental balance on Confirmation/Updated Invoice no later than two weeks before the event.
- One week prior to the event date, confirm event details such as audio-visual, deliveries, set-up, museum tickets.
- Day of Event: Please arrive for set-up at a time discussed with the Event Coordinator and review set-up of the event space. Let us know if there is anything we can do to be of assistance.
Please contact the Facilities Rental Office at 217/558-8873 if we can provide information, answer questions or be of help. Thanks again!