Requirements and Deadlines
Successful events require careful planning. So that we can meet your expectations, please observe the following:
- Send a request in writing (emails and faxes accepted) to the Facilities Rental Manager on your organization's letterhead to request use of a location within the ALPLM.
- Please include a description of your organization and its mission, the nature of the event, preferred date and hours, desired location, catering requests, set-up requirements, audio-visual needs, and a list of speakers, performers, films, or programs that may be a part of your event. Requests for reservations are accepted up to one year in advance.
- Please designate one person from your organization to be your ALPLM contact and decision-maker.
- To confirm your reservation, return the signed Facilities Rental Agreement and the non-refundable deposit within 10 business days of the verbal reservation.
- If possible, schedule a visit to the ALPLM to see the facility and discuss details of your event.
- Secret Recipes is the designated caterer at the ALPLM. Sample menus are available.
- At least six weeks prior to the event, submit invitation/printed material copy to the Facilities Rental Office for approval PRIOR to printing and mailing.
- Remember that significant changes may not be made to your event less than 30 days before the event.
- 30 days before the event, confirm additional features such as parking, Museum Store and Cabinet Room Performance.
- 30 days before, submit the appropriate certificate of insurance to the Facilities Rental Office.
- Three weeks before the event date, confirm entertainment or other outside vendors.
- Pay remaining rental balance on Confirmation/Updated Invoice no later than two weeks before the event.
- One week prior to the event date, confirm details such as audio-visual, deliveries, set-up, and museum tickets.
- Day of Event: Please arrive for set-up at a time discussed with the Event Coordinator and review set-up of the event space.