The following Statutes and Administrative Rules are relevant to the Illinois Department on Aging. The information provided by the Department is intended for the convenience of interested persons. The Department does not ensure the accuracy of the statutes or administrative rules on this web site and urges you to consult the official documents or advice of legal counsel.
Illinois statutes are located on the Illinois General Assembly Web site under "Illinois Compiled Statutes."
NOTE: Interested persons may submit written comments on proposed rulemaking projects of the Department within 45 days after the date of publication in the Illinois Register.
The Department published its Regulatory Agenda on page 13972 of Issue 27 in Volume 38 of the Illinois Register on July 7, 2014.
The Department published its Regulatory Agenda on page 10220 of Issue 29 in Volume 39 of the Illinois Register on July 17, 2015.
TITLE 2: GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION*
TITLE 4: DISCRIMINATION PROCEDURES*
TITLE 86: REVENUE*
TITLE 89: SOCIAL SERVICES*
- Part 210 Introduction
- Part 220 General Programmatic Requirements
- Part 230 Older Americans Act Programs
- Part 240 Community Care Program
- Part 260 Long-Term Care Insurance Partnership Program
- Part 270 Adult Protection and Advocacy Services - The Adult Protective Services Program, the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program and the Senior Legal Assistance Program.
- Adult Protective Services Program
NOTICE – Proposed amendments have been filed by the Department which add a new Subpart D containing Sections 270.400, 270.405, 270.410, 270.415, 270.420, 270.425, 270.430, 270.435, 270.440, 270.445, 270.450, 270.455, 270.460, 270.465, 270.470, 270.475, 270.480, 270.485, 270.490, 270.495, and 270.499, in Part 270 of the rules governing the Adult Protective Services Program under Title 89 of the Illinois Administrative Code. These amendments are being filed to establish the Adult Protective Service Registry which was initially enacted by Public Act 98-49 and subsequent amendment by Public Act 98-1039 to resolve barriers to its successful implementation by the Department. This rulemaking project was published on page 889 of issue 3 in Volume 39 of the Illinois Register on January 16, 2015.
- NOTE: Interested persons may submit written comments on the above proposed rulemaking project within 45 days after the date of publication of the notice.
- NOTICE – Amendments were adopted by the Department which affect 270.10, 270.200, 270.205, 270.210, 270.215, 270.220, 270.225, 270.230, 270.235, 270.240, 270.241 (new), 270.245, 270.250, 270.255, 270.260, 270.265, 270.270, 270.275, 270.280, 270.285, 270.290, 270.295, and 270.300 in Part 270 of the rules governing Adult Protection and Advocacy Services (formerly Elder Rights) under Title 89 of the Illinois Administrative Code on January 23, 2015. These amendments relate to the expansion and transfer of authority to the Department for investigating allegations of abuse against adults with disabilities aged 18-59 living in domestic settings previously handled by the Office of the Inspector General for the Department of Human Services as a result of Public Act 98-49. This rulemaking project was published in the Illinois Register on page 2156 of Issue 6 in Volume 39 on February 6, 2015.
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
- View the Long-Term Care Ombudsman Standards.
- Part 271 Joint Rules of The Department on Aging and The Department of Financial and Professional Regulation: Financial Exploitation Training by Financial Institutions
- Part 280 Community Based Residential Facilities Demonstration Project
- Part 290 Board and Care Homes Registration
*Rules are located on the Illinois General Assembly Web site under "Rules and Regulations: Administrative Rules."